Because we value individual’s different needs, we have a pool of psychologists we access in order to deliver psychological services as per needed. We are committed to providing a right fit to match your needs rather than a one size fits all type of therapy. CALL US to speak with our director who will be able to make an assessment of your needs and the best clinician for you!
Dr Aileen Alegado is the director of Mindset Consulting and is a primary clinician at the practice. She’s a registered clinical psychologist who specialises on CBT, ACT and IPT and integrates a strong passion for therapy models that work.
Aileen has gained her qualifications with high distinctions in NZ and has considerable experience across Australia and NZ both in the public and private health settings. These experiences include working with individuals, couples, groups and supervision of other clinicians. Aileen is committed delivering effective therapeutic models with realistic and measurable outcomes. Aileen specialises in assessment & treatment of mental health conditions, administration of neuropsychological assessment and psychometric tools. She is also an experienced presenter and professional speaker who have played a proactive part in mental health awareness to the media, the community and organisational settings. She is a coach/ mentor for other clinicians and is a member and board approved supervisor for the Australia Psychological Society (APS).
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
- Schema Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Existential Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy and solutions
- Public speaking, including development and delivery of psychology workshops and seminars to
both consumer and corporate client groups.
- Facilitation of leadership training and executive coaching using 360 assessment tools and other
- Clinical supervision of counsellors, therapists, psychologists and other Business development,
networking, creative strategy and marketing.
- Neuropsychological test administration, interpretation, and feedback.
- Research, project evaluations, and project management.
- Employee assistance program provider (EAP)
- Director and primary clinician at Mindset Consulting Psychology
- Clinical psychologist at various leading private and public practices in both Australia and New Zealand
- Professional speaker
- Executive coach
- Media consultant
- Approved supervisor for other clinicians and psychologists.
- Registered Psychologist with the Association of Health Practioners in Australia (AHPRA).
- Registered Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS).
- Registered member of the APS Clinical College of Psychologists.
- Member of the Association of Contextual and Behavioural Sciences (ACBS international).
- Member of ACT therapists within Australia (actmindfully.com.au).
- Registered member of the New Zealand Psychological Society and New Zealand College of
- Member of the Australian Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapists (AACBT).